The Arts & Crafts Village “Verekynthos” and the Architectural Group "Piloiko" will host an Art and Architecture Festival from the 8th of June until the 14th of June 2015.
The Festival Week will include outdoor installations and art workshops, concerts, dance and theatre events, and exhibitions. Each morning of the festival at the Art Village of Verekynthos near the Souda interchange, you can expect different experiences in contact with art, imagination and creativity.
Opening hours : 09:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 21:00
The Festival program includes:
- Construction seminar exploring how to build interesting ‘shelters’ using cane for shadow and shade. The intention is that these creative constructions are more than just functional.
- Construction of outdoor pottery kilns and alternative firing methods such as a “paper kiln” and a “pit firing” kiln by the potters of the village.
- Outdoor art workshops and seminars in painting, music, building with recycled and natural materials, a theatre workshop and installations by visiting artists.
- Musical evenings with Cretan and Rembetiko music.
- Dance and Theatre performances.
- Guided Tours of the Verekynthos Art Village Workshops to meet the artisans.
Detailed Verekynthos Festival 2015 Programme
Monday 08 June to Sunday 14 June 2015
09:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 20:00: Construction workshops by PILOIKO and “Investigacio Canyera” and Trash Art workshops with Kosmas Lilikakis.
18:00 – 21:00: Guided tours of the workshops of artists in the village.
Monday 08 June 2015
19:30 – 21:00: The Red Cross team will present a seminar on First Aid. It will include basic information that every body should know in order to help in emergency situations.
Tuesday 09 June 2015
20:00: Welcome and Speeches. Introduction of Groups and Artists involved in the festival.
21:00: Theatrical event presented by the Primary School of Souda.
Wednesday 10 June 2015
18:00: Construction of the ‘paper kiln’ and firing of ceramics.
Thursday 11 June 2015
21:00: Dance performance by the “ΡΕΩ” Group with percussion accompaniment by Dinos Manos and improvisation.
22:00: Watching the stars by telescope presented the Association of Friends of Astronomy, Crete
Friday 12 June 2015
16:00-18:30: Flute Making Workshop with Michalis Ntaountakis, who will show how to make flutes using cane.
18:00: Pottery Percussion Seminar with Yiannis Papatzanis using clay drums.
21:30 Concert with “DAULUTE” group
Saturday 13 June 2015
10:00 – 13:00: Theatre Workshop on how to organize and perform an idea by “Killing the Fly” theatrical group.
18:00: Firing of ceramics by ‘Pit Firing’ kiln
21:30: Concert with “EN CAMINO” group
Sunday 14 June 2015
2100: Festival Closing and Party.